

Actually I was supposed to make kompiah, but i totally messed the whole thing up.
At first, I tried to bake one or two. Thinking that it's not the size that i wanted it to be, which is a bit bigger, I added more baking powder to it, in the bleak hope that it would become bigger and nicer in terms of shape and outlook (as you can see, this IS my first time).
Well, the story goes on. I add and add and add more baking powder. Satisfied with the amount of baking powder I added, I continue to roll the dough until everything mix together very well (with the help of my fren of coz, thx Jess). I tried out another one by putting it in the 240-degree-celcius oven and waited... waited... waited... "DING" it's time!!! I took out the freshly-baked kompiah, and...
drum roll.....................................................
i took a bite.................................................
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only then, I realized that i added too much baking soda... oh, not much different actually, really... it's just that the recipe stated 350g of flour and 5g of baking soda and Geoffrey's version is 350g of flour and 200g of baking soda......... Not much right?? · ha · ha · ha ·
Oh well, the story goes on again... and here comes the rescuing part~ I began to add sugar to it, and I meant lots and lots and lots and lots of sugar. baked again, comes out......... still bitter T_T in the end, i threw the whole thing... calling my fren, "hey, aron. sorry, I spoiled my kompiah. heheh =P"
that's the end of the whole story... Will I give up??????? of course not, I'll definitely try it out something, that is some.time. if I'm free......... haha ^^
oh, by the way, the other dishes (done by my frens) are superb, deserve a thumb-up!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the nice lunch ^^
sorry for the kompiah T_T







没有评论:
发表评论
悄悄话